7 Ways to Get Slimmer Without A Gym
Get Slimmer Without A Gym
When you think of fitness, you may naturally consider joining a gym. Gymnasiums and health clubs provide all of
the fitness equipment you could ever use. This way you don’t have to purchase a lot of weights and fitness
machines yourself. However, gyms also have several downsides you need to consider.
Gymnasiums can be unhealthy places to breathe. You have hundreds if not thousands of people coming and going.
Some of them have colds, flus and other infectious diseases or germs they are dispensing in the very air you
breathe. You also have to consider the fact that gymnasiums simply can’t clean all of their equipment several
times a day.
That means sweat, dead skin, bacteria and other health-haters are probably covering the weights and fitness
machines you use!
For those reasons, it makes sense to learn how to get fit without having to go to a gym. The following 7 ideas
should be considered if you want to enjoy the benefits of working out, without suffering the possible
1. Go for a run, brisk walk or jog. Add hand weights and you get an upper body workout while your respiratory
and circulatory systems benefit.
2. Workout with your body. What was previously called calisthenics is now known as bodyweight training. Type
“top 25 body weight training exercises” into Google and learn how to use your natural body weight and
resistance to sculpt the dream body you’re looking for.
3. Get jumping. Jumping rope can burn 400 to 500 calories per hour. This means 3 or 4 hours of jumping rope
each week offsets 1 full day’s worth of calories.
4. Go for a swim. Regular swimming is great for your internal and external fitness. Experts in the fitness
community consider it the “perfect exercise”. This is because the water keeps you buoyant, removing the
pounding stress and strain on your joints and ligaments that land-based exercises often deliver.
5. Start eating right. Did you know that as much as 70% of your physical fitness is entirely dependent on
nutrition? Without working out at all, you can dramatically improve your level of fitness simply by eating
6. Take the stairs. Ditch the elevator, walk to work, and stand instead of sitting whenever you can.
Continually look for ways to burn calories and keep active.
7. Buy a bike. Cycling works your legs, your core and your arms. Cycling about 10 miles an hour burns between
400 and 500 calories, and gets you out in the fresh air and sunshine.
Health Benefits of Eating Nuts
Health Benefits of Eating Nuts Whether you love them or hate them, there’s no denyingRead More
What are the Benefits of Eating More Fiber
What are the Benefits of Eating More Fiber It’s advertised on cereal boxes, bread andRead More